Who We Are
Coalition for Health Promotion and Social Development (HEPS-UGANDA) is a non-
governmental organization (NGO) that promotes the health and socioeconomic rights of
Registered as an NGO in 2000, HEPS is a membership organization, consisting of individuals
and institutions that identify with the organization’s values and support the rights of all
people to healthcare, education, decent work, housing and other social goods that are
necessary for the exercise of their well-being.
HEPS-Uganda works across all regions of Uganda, at community, district as well as national
levels. The Organization secretariat is in Kampala, with regional offices in the North,
Western and Eastern regions of Uganda. HEPS-Uganda has presence in over 30 districts.
Partnership & Collaboration
- Objective 1: Advocate for Increased access to essential medicines and health supplies in Uganda.
- Objective 2: Contribute to the implementation of the National UHC Roadmap.
- Objective 3: Increase realization of health rights and health responsibilities among Ugandans.
- Objective 4: Empower the youth for economic sustainability.
- Objective 5: Strengthen the capacity of HEPS-UGANDA and civil society partners to meet institution objectives